Giving our community stars their chance to shine!
The Simcoe Little Theatre stage is open to any and all! Please see below for audition information for the 2023/2024 season.
Audition Notice: White Christmas
..Show: Irving Berlin’s White Christmas by Norman Panama, Norman Krasna, David Ives, Irving Berling, Melvin Frank, Paul Blake.
Directed by Janet Dickson
Run Dates: November 23 – December 10, 2023
Show Synopsis: Singers Bob Wallace and Phil Davis join sister act Betty and Judy Haynes to perform a Christmas show in rural Vermont. There, they run into Gen. Waverly, the boys’ commander in World War II, who, they learn, is having financial difficulties; his quaint country inn is failing. So what’s the foursome to do but plan a yuletide miracle: a fun-filled musical extranvaganza that’s sure to put Waverly and his business in the black!
Performances are on Thursday and Friday evenings at 7:30pm, and Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2:00pm (note Saturday matinee replaces the Saturday evening show).
Audition Dates: June 20, 21 & 22
Time: 6:30 – 9:00 PM
Location: Simcoe Little Theatre
Chorus: singers and dancers! Train passengers, club patrons, Inn guests, soliders, TV dancers
Minor Roles: TV Executive Ralph Sheldrake, chorus girls Rita and Rhoda, caretaker Ezekial Foster, Wallace and Davis’s manager Mike.
Major Roles: TV stars Bob Wallace & Phil Davis, song and dance sisters Betty & Judy Haynes, retired General and Inn owner Henry Waverly, Housekeeper Martha Watson, Grand-daughter Susan Waverly (approx 12 years old)
1. Please prepare a song to sing from a musical (accompaniment optional, approx. one verse and chorus)
2. Prepare a 2 minute reading or monologue. Does not have to be memorized!
3. Call backs June 27th at 6:30pm
4. Rehearsals begin in September. Rehearsals will be Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. Additional rehearsals on Sunday afternoons as needed.
5. Successful participants are required to complete a volunteer registration form. A police record Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) will be required for all productions involving vulnerable persons, at no cost to the participant.
Book a Audition: Email Janet Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an audition. Interested parties may also drop in to audition on any of the audition days, but booking a appointment is preferred.